The Utah State Tax Commission has several different systems for filing and paying taxes online. To make the process easier, we are consolidating many of those various services into one system, called Taxpayer Access Point, or TAP.
As part of this consolidation, beginning June 27, 2011, TAP will replace the current WebExpress system to file, pay, and manage the following taxes:
· Cigarette and Tobacco – mandatory electronic filing
· Corporate – view and pay only
· Fuels – view and pay only
· Municipal Energy - mandatory electronic filing
· Other Miscellaneous Taxes – pay only
· Withholding – file, pay, and upload
If you currently use WebExpress, please register in TAP by visiting https://tap.tax.utah.gov/TaxExpress/TAP.htm on or after June 27. Registering early will help prevent filing and payment delays. You will need your FEIN and 14-character account number (12345678-003-ABC).
As always, you can get to any of our online systems at taxexpress.utah.gov. This would be a good site to bookmark.